Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Larkin may not retire

I sure hope he isn't milking this for all it's worth. He is my favorite player and I was sad to think about his retirement, but I sure don't want him to stay and suck or get traded. There is something to be said for going out on top.

Barry Larkin's retirement after this season is far from a sure thing.

Today, the Reds cancelled the shortstop's retirement ceremony, which had been scheduled for Oct. 2. The move came at Larkin's request.

"Barry has made it known to us that, at this time, he is not committed to retiring after this season and feels any kind of ceremony would be inappropriate," said Reds chief operating officer John Allen. "We respect his decision."

Larkin is in his 19th season with the Reds. He was recently named to his 12th All-Star team, and is hitting .295 with four homers and 31 RBI.

"Right now, I would like to leave my options as a player open for 2005," said Larkin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home